Bankwest Home Loan
- Home loans up to $490,000
- Low-interest starting from 2.24%
- Repayment up to 30 years
[Accessed March 17, 2023]
Bankwest can help you to refinance, renovate or build, invest in property, manage your home loan, or buy your very first home.
They also offer multiple financial products and services to assist you with saving up for your home deposit, everyday banking, insurance to protect your livelihood and assets, credit card facilities, personal loans, and more.
Bankwest is an innovative financial services provider to the people of Australia that works hard to make continuous improvements to their products to ensure the optimum customer experience.
Even though they are a largely sized bank with millions of customers they are still committed to building strong relationships with their clients and have been going the extra mile to maintain a personal touch for over 120 years since 1895.
Utilize the home loan calculators
Access great guidelines and tools you need to plan your exciting home loan journey. Calculate exactly how much you can borrow without doing any credit checks or accepting any agreements.
Use their home loan repayment calculator to see how much you will be paying and how much you could be saving if you make additional payments towards your loan.
Their home loan fees calculator will help you to get an estimate on the standard and some non-standard home buying fees. If you are refinancing your existing home loan, you can give the refinancing calculator a try to compare and see if refinancing will indeed save you some money.
To compare the best home loan options, you can select the home loan amount you want as well as the interest rate and property value for their home loan facts sheet to generate a few home loan matches for you.
Access a fixed interest rate starting at 2.49%p.a. if you are purchasing a house to live in.
If you are buying an investment property you will be looking at a fixed interest rate starting at 2.79%p.a.
With a Bankwest home loan
- Splitting your money into up to nine offset accounts to help you manage your loan while you save.
- Add a credit card to your home loan.
- You can lock in your interest rate for one to five years.
- No application and property valuation fees.
- To pay weekly, fortnightly, or monthly together with making additional repayments limited at a maximum of $10,000 per annum.
- Redraw when you need to.
- You can typically borrow up to 80% of the property value when you are planning to live in the property and up to 90% of the property value if you are purchasing an investment property.
Insurance – protect your assets
As a homeowner, you can cover your building, contents, and portable contents against unexpected events like theft, fire, storms, etc. They offer Gap Cover on top of your sum insured of up to 25% and you can even get a 15% discount when you take out a combined building and contents cover. You can also access designed insurance as a tenant, landlord, or property investor.
It’s always good to have backup cash
Enjoy 0% interest for the first 15 to 34 months depending on the credit card you choose. Access credit on the go whether you are moving into your new home, making renovations, or throwing a celebration party.
Bankwest – Home loan
- Loan Type Home loans
- Interest Rate 2.24 – 4.03% p/a
- Loan Amount up to $490,000
- Repayment 30 years
Benefits of Bankwest
- Fast response
- Compare home loans
- Flexible loan terms
Bankwest Home Loans - opening doors to your very own home
How to apply for a low-rate home loan?
The Bankwest home loan process
- Get your deposit ready, there are alternative ways besides saving to get the deposit you need.
- Get conditionally approved.
- Find the perfect home.
- Make an offer.
- Acceptance of the offer.
- Bankwest will then verify and approve the loan for the specific property.
Steps to get conditionally approved
Step one: Arrange an appointment with your nearest home loan specialist.
Step two: Have the following ready:
- Proof of ID
- Evidence of your income, living costs, and expenses, a breakdown of what you own and what you owe.
Step three: After assessing and verifying your information they will let you know if you are conditionally approved for a home loan and how much.
Now you can look for a house with the confidence of knowing how much you can spend!
The advantages of a Bankwest home loan
- Lower or no fees with some of the home loan options they offer.
- Cashback benefits when you refinance your home loan with them.
- Fixed and floating interest rate options.
- Home online loan add-on options include credit card facilities and multiple offset accounts.
- Compare home loans that are matched to your needs.
- Guides, tools, and calculators to help you with your journey.
- The freedom of making flexible repayments.
Bankwest is a trusted & reliable provider of home loans
In our review, Bankwest adheres to the compliance criteria in accordance with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009, where the granting the loan will not cause financial distress to the consumer.
✅ Bankwest is a registered credit provider in Australia: ACL 234945
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
They have helped us to get our fist home with no idea where to start they made it a great experience for us and we landed up finding out that we qualified for more than we expected.
— Perth —
They care and they go the extra mile and when I went in to apply for a loan for a house that I had found they had advised me rather to wait and not take the loan out yet for the house and it was ...
— Melbourne —
- 50 William Street, Perth WA 6000 Australia
- Get Directions
- PO Box E237, Perth, WA 6841, Australia
- Monday 09:00 – 17:00
- Tuesday 09:30 – 17:00
- Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00
- Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
- Friday 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday – Closed
- Sunday – Closed